Monday, January 30, 2012

We Won!

If you asked me two weeks ago what handball was I would have replied with a blank stare and a shrug. Being in Denmark, however, I've been exposed to many different things-- one of which is of course the great game of handball. I arrived right in the midst of the European Handball Championship, and I'm proud to say that we (yes, that's right I've caught myself several times identifying myself as a Dane) beat Serbia last night and won the title as European Champions.  To celebrate, the Denmark handball team made an appearance in Copenhagen's main town square this afternoon.  Instead of discussing the homework readings for my International Reporting class, our professor thought it would be more appropriate to "throw us" into the world of reporting and allowed us to take part in the celebration. We were instructed to take in the sights, sounds, and even smells of the area and interview a few Danes. The massive amount of people proudly waving Denmark's flag, illustrated just how delighted the country was in this monumental victory.  





Vi ses snart

No comments:

Post a Comment