Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Host Family :)

With my adventure beginning in only 4 DAYS, it only seems fitting to update everyone about my host family! I received a personalized introduction letter and photo from my host family two weeks ago, and all I can say is that DIS really did an absolutely amazing job in the selection process.  Just from their short letter, I can already tell that we have so many things in common.  The family of four consists of Karen and Per and their two children, Camilla age 14 and Rasmus age 13.  They live in Hørsholm which is only about 30 minutes away from Copenhagen and is in a prime location for outdoor adventures, with the nearby sea bordering Sweden.  The family loves to travel and Camilla and Rasmus were born in Thailand. They later moved to China before returning to Denmark a little over six years ago. With my father being in the military, I have also traveled and lived in many places, including Japan for three years-- this is definitely a shared experience that I will be able to share with my host family. As far as hobbies and everyday activities, they enjoy being outdoors, cooking, and spending time together as a family.  I really feel like they are going to be a perfect match for me, and their excitement in my arrival has only made me even more comfortable and excited for my semester to begin!!  Can't wait to meet them in person and spend time with them in Hørsholm! Until then, I'll be busy trying to fit/stuff/shove four months of clothing into my suitcase.... why do shoes have to take up so much space?!? 


Vi ses snart 

No comments:

Post a Comment